Fear & Hunger: Termina is the sequel to horror j-RPG Fear & Hunger. The game takes place in the same universe, but it is a stand-alone story and no prior knowledge of the series is required.
The game has adult-only content. This includes gore, drugs and violence. There is mild nudity in the demo as well, though there might be more explicit scenes coming later on. Many of the themes in the game can be found offensive. Anyone proceeding with the game should be aware of this and if you are sensitive to such subjects, it might be better to look elsewhere.
Story[edit | edit source]
The game takes place in an alternative take on the real world, where religions and occult are a lot more prevalent and where ancient deities are still worshipped in everyday life. The year is 1942 and the world has just gone through decades of turmoil with two great wars behind and no end in sight for the despair.
You can pick one of the many characters, each with their own story set around the city of Prehevil. Each character comes to the city with different motives, but it soon becomes painfully clear that things are not right in the city and it is up to you to solve the mysteries behind the horrors that took over the nearby areas. There are powers at play that go beyond human comprehension.
Features[edit | edit source]
- Slow burn horror atmosphere
- Gameplay mixing turn-based battles and real-time combat on the field
- Strategic dismember combat system
- Freedom to explore the area without set paths
- Punishing gameplay that demands you to come up with strategies of your own
- Custom art with an original style blending together pixel art and digital painting
- Original atmospheric music
- Many different playable characters/classes